WASHINGTON HEIGHTS & INWOOD COUNCIL ON AGING
4111 Broadway, New York, NY 10033
YOU ARE INVITED TO OUR SPRING CONFERENCE!
Co-sponsored by Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University
THURSDAY, MAY 13, 2021
8:45 am to 12:00 pm
MAINTAINING BALANCE IN AN UNBALANCED WORLD VIA ZOOM
- Welcome: Fern Hertzberg, MSW, Executive Director, ARC XVI Fort Washington Inc.
- Keynote Address: Beverly Horowitz, PhD
- Demonstration: Tai Chi and its Benefits, Julio Cortes, Director, Wellness Coach, Mind & Body 360
- Safety in the Home: Marie Garcon, DNP, OCN, FNP-C, New York Presbyterian, Family Nurse Practitioner
- Innovative Programming: James O’Neal
- Demonstration: Dance & Balance, David Leventhal, Program Director, Dance for PD, Mark Morris Dance Company
- Engaging in “The” Difficult Conversation with Elders: Charlie Corliss, PhD, ABPP, Executive Director, Inwood Community Services
- Building Capacity to Promote Engagement in Falls Prevention Programming: Alejandra Aguirre, DrPH, MPH, Assistant Director, Irving Institute, CUIMC and Dory Garcia, Assistant Executive Director, ARC XVI Fort Washington Inc.
TWO CEU’s MAY BE EARNED BY SOCIAL WORKERS WHO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM.
ZOOM MEETING LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2166904926
MEETING ID: 216 690 4926
BY PHONE: (929) 205-6099
RSVP By May 7, 2021, Contact Sonia at (212) 781-7200